The main objectives of WAGAN are to:
1. Be a ‘Centre of Excellence’ in Business Analytics (BA) catalysing the development of high-value business analytics skills such as Watson Analytics (WA) via online enablement sessions, competitions, courses and certification programs.
2. Facilitate Watson Analytics curriculum innovation and win-win collaboration among academics, IBM Watson Analytics, learners and industry, as well as sharing of teaching and learning resources.
3. Provide a networking platform for business analytics academics and students/graduates who are interested in Watson Analytics technologies in their teaching or learning, as well as industry/recruiters who are looking for BA/WA graduates.
1. In collaboration with Deakin University's IBM Centre of Excellence in Business Analytics, this web-based portal is in place to facilitate the WAGAN objectives & programs.
(Note: Please register to upload/download member only resources, e.g. tutorials, teaching cases, assessment, syllabus, etc).
2. Annual Watson Analytics Global Competition for undergraduate and graduate students (students: please see News for detail or join LinkedIn group for updates).
3. Annual Business Analytics conference (see News for detail -2017 5th International Big Data & Analytics Educational Conference).
4. Train-the-trainers/ students enablement online workshops (facilitated by IBM WA support teams).
5. Watson Analytics Academic Program (see useful link to sign up)
6. Newsletters (please subscribe).
7. Online forum (academics, students/graduates & employers: please join our LinkedIn Social Group for discussion/updates/job opportunities, etc).
8. Public seminars, etc (suggestions/ideas are welcome).